This is the LAW in Rhode Island
If you were hurt at work, you should be compensated for:
- All of the medical costs related to your injury
- Your weekly benefits as well as payment for scarring and loss of use
- Your employer is also responsible for your rehabilitation and reinstatement.
NOTE: You do not pay for legal representation in a Workers Compensation case.
In Workers Compensation cases, attorney Healy’s fees for active representation are paid by the insurer. You will never be billed for that representation. If your workers compensation case is settled, that settlement will have to be approved by a Judge of the Workers Compensation Court. Attorney Healy then might be awarded a portion of the settlement as a fee. His fee is usually 20% of the settlement.
THESE ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Reasonable medical bills have to be paid, AND you have to be paid for scarring even if you did not miss any time from work.
- You may be required to be examined by a Doctor of your employer’s insurance company’s choosing.
- You are entitled to use an attorney
- You should never sign anything without first consulting your attorney.
- Legal fees are usually paid by the insurance company or your employer.
- Never use the Doctor your employer suggests.
- You are entitled to weekly compensation checks of 75% of your adjusted weekly net pay.
- You may be able to be reinstated to your old job.
- You should ONLY talk to your Lawyer about your case
“Some jobs come with inherent dangers. Others seem safer. Regardless of your job, injuries can happen. I represented workers suffering from various injuries, such as:
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
Injuries to joints
Repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel
Respiratory injuries like Silicosis
Back and neck injuries such as herniated discs
Acute injuries to shoulders and knees such as ligament tears and strains
Non-traumatic occupational injuries, such as, post traumatic stress
“The insurance companies are not your friends. Your employer may become your adversary. When you are injured by someone else’s carelessness or face issues related to workplace discrimination or injury you are in a bad position. Make sure that your employer or large insurance companies do not take advantage of you.”
Protect yourself. 401-721-2260
Let your lawyer help you navigate the complexity of Labor Law in Rhode Island. Make sure you call an experienced Workers Compensation lawyer. Bernard Healy has more than 30 years of experience helping Rhode Island Workers. He will protect your rights. “After working for a large insurance defense firm, I decided that it was time to turn the tables and start helping employees- to start protecting your rights” 401-721-2260 Start protecting your rights today.
Your employer’s insurance company is looking for reasons to deny your claim. Following these steps will protect your rights. Missing any of these steps can cause problems later on which can affect your rights to Workers Compensation Benefits. Do not discuss your Workers’ Compensation case with your employer, their legal representative or their insurance company. Tell them to call your attorney at 401-721-2260
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Individuals and Union Representatives should Report the injury immediately to your supervisor or union representative.
- Fill out all forms required by your employer and be clear about what happened.
- Get immediate medical treatment FROM YOUR OWN Doctor.
- You are entitled to benefits if you miss work for 3 or more days
- It is your employer’s responsibility to report your injury to the Insurance Company.
- CONTACT A RHODE ISLAND WORKERS COMPENSATION ATTORNEY 401-721-2260 Protect your legal rights.
Get copies of all documents from:
- Your Employer
- Their insurance company/Department of Labor and Training
- Your Doctor
- Call 401-721-2260 Know your Legal Rights. The Law protects YOU.